Wednesday 4 June 2008

News: Sister fears for troubled Gazza - BBC News

Former England footballer, Paul Gascoigne, has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act, the BBC News reports (4 June 2008).

His sister, Anna Gascoigne, is quoted in the piece: "He's been drinking, I believe, to escape, to get away, and it's been a vicious circle. I have feared for his life, especially I would say the last couple of weeks.

"It had literally gotten to the point where I was having to be with him constantly, to the point where I was taking him to hospital because I believed that he needed help."

Anna Gascoigne talked to ITV News and told them about her concern for his "dangerous mix" of depression and addiction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor old Gaz. Where are his showbiz chums now?

Anonymous said...

That's the trouble with celebrity! Any fall from grace is a public one.